segunda-feira, 13 de agosto de 2012

AULAS DO DIA 13 A 18 DE AGOSTO DE 2012

ENGVID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXkCv9jCLP0&feature=player_embedded#!

_______________________________________________________________________________

DIALOGUES



A: I like living here.
B: I agree. Pasadena is a nice city.
A: It’s not too big.
B: And it’s not too small.
A: It has great weather all year long.
B: It has the Rose Parade.
A: It has beautiful houses.
B: It has wonderful restaurants.
A: It has great schools.
B: It’s close to the mountains.
A: The people are friendly.
B: I’m not ever going to leave.

A: Remember to put air in your tires.
B: How often do I have to do that?
A: Once every two months.
B: That’s a lot.
A: What do you mean?
B: That’s six times a year!
A: Yes, and it takes about five minutes each time.
B: I’ll try.
A: Check your tires or you’ll get a flat.
B: Oh. That’s not good.
A: No, it isn’t. A flat costs you time and money.

__________________________________________________________


I think the Olympics focus a little too much on physical strength and prowess, so I would like to see something that is more skilled-base. So, if you could have a type of craft that people would work on, so have competitive chair building or competitive brick stacking. People build something and whoever does the best one wins the gold medal.

Shifani / New Zealand
I pick sumo wrestling. Absolutely, sumo wrestling. I think they're fantastic players. They're absolutely fantastic in the way they play the ritual they follow, so it's an excellent sport.

Katia / Mexico
I think one sport that I would like to see in the Olympics would be ballroom dancing. It's quite competitive. There are many good couples and singles that can do a very good job. So, I think ballroom dancing would be a reallycompetitivesport for the Olympics.

Alex / Australia
I was actually in the Olympics program for taekwondo when I was fifteen and stopped. So, I gave that up, because it was just far too much, practicing every day after school and then all day Saturday and Sunday. I preferred to live my life than getting gold medals, so ... which I probably would not have received anyway. So, yeah, I was able to do taekwondo. However, since then, since I did give it up, it's just gone down the toilet, I'd say.

Mike / Singapore
My choice would be chess for the Olympic. I think it can be a sport, because it uses a lot of mental strength. So, that would be my choice.

Adria / United States
I don't think I would add any, but I would definitely take some away. There are several sports that I don't like in the Olympics. I know that curling is actually an old sport, but I don't like it. And I think it's boring and doesn't require the right skill for the Olympics.

________________________________________________________________________________
EMOTION AND SPORTS

http://www.elllo.org/video/1151/V1187BradSport.htm


A little about getting emotional when watching sports. I know I certainly get emotional sometimes during big games. I'll get emotional, you know, I'll yell and shout and stand up and clap if I'm watching like a play off game or, you know, some game like the Super Bowl or something like that where I've really got something invested in it. But generally speaking if it's just a normal season game, I really don't get too emotional. I definitely don't get emotional watching the Olympics. I don't know, you know, to really, to be honest you kind of have to be careful about why you're getting emotional about things. I mean I don't know any of the players on that team. I don't know anyone on Team Canada. They're not my friends so why am I getting emotional? It seems like you could, you know, easily, you know, become nationalistic if you don't, if you're not careful about it. So, yeah, I guess sometimes I get emotional but I sometimes worry about it too. Thanks very much.
Video Quiz


texts

http://www.ingles.seed.pr.gov.br/modules/conteudo/conteudo.php?conteudo=81

_________________________________________________________________

HOTEL CALIFORNIA



On a dark desert highway, …………………………………………….
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air 
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light 
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim 
I had to …………………………………………………….
There she stood in the doorway; 
I heard the mission bell 
And I was thinking to myself, 
"This could be Heaven or………………………………………………………………
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way 
There were voices down the corridor, 
I thought I ……………………………………………………………….

Welcome to the Hotel California 
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place) 
Such a lovely face 
Plenty of room at the Hotel California 
Any time of year (Any time of year) 
……………………………………………………………………………….

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends 
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends 
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat. 
Some dance to remember, some ……………………………………………………

So I called up the Captain, 
"Please bring me my wine" 
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine" 
And still those voices are calling ………………………………………………………….
Wake you up in the middle of the night 
Just to hear them say... 

Welcome to the Hotel California 
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place) 
……………………………………………………
They livin' it up at the Hotel California 
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise) 
Bring your alibis 

Mirrors on the ceiling, 
The pink champagne on ice 
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device" 
And in the master's chambers, 
They gathered for the feast 
They stab it with their steely knives, 
But they just can't kill the beast 

Last thing I remember, I was 
…………………………………………………………….
I had to find the passage back 
To the place I was before 
"Relax, " said the……………………………………
"We are programmed to receive. 
You can check-out any time you like, 
But you ……………………………………………..


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário