domingo, 19 de agosto de 2012

AULAS DO DIA 20 A 27 DE AGOSTO DE 2012

PRE INTERMEDIATE AND INTERMEDIATE

PET CARE

http://www.elllo.org/english/Mixer126/T130-Pets.htm


Kat / Germany 
Hey, I have a favor to ask. I'm going to be out of town for two days, and I was wondering if you could take care of my hamsters. You just got to come in and feed them. I'll leave the key in the box. Thank you.
Warren / Canada
Hey, would you mind coming over during the week? I'm going out of town for a few days, and my pet cat, she needs some water and some food, just maybe if you could come once a day and make sure there's food and water there for her, that would be good.
Tim / United States 
Hi, Sarah, I'm going out for the weekend, and I wondering if you could go to my house and feed my pet turtle, Shamus. It shouldn't take too much effort. You just need to give them a few pellets. The food is right underneath his tank. Don't feed him too much because it will leave a mess in the tank. And since he's kind of lazy, if you miss a day, it won't be a big deal, because he doesn't need too much food.
Paul / England 
Oh, hi, Dave. I'm terribly sorry, and would appreciate it if you could feed my pet bird. It doesn't eat very much, but as long as you provide some water and some seed, then the bird will be happy. But if you could keep an eye out for the local cat, who is its archenemy.
Mike / Singapore
Hey, can you do me a favor help me feed my pet viper? He's very friendly, so you don't have to worry about him biting you. So just go ahead, put your hand inside the cage and feed him like five mice. THanks.
Katia / Mexico
Hey, this is Katia. Listen, can I ask you for a favor? Could you pass by my apartment? The key is under the mat, and if you can feed my dog the food that's in the pantry on the bottom drawer, and if you can just give him enough for only about one night. If he eats too much, it will not be a very good idea. And if you can just do that for me, that would be great. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
________________________________________________________________________

I AM WIDE AWAKE

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was in the dark
I was falling hard
With an open heartI.....................................How did I read the stars so wrong
I'm wide awake

And now it's clear to me
That everything you see
Ain't always what it seems
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was dreaming for so long
[Pre-Chorus]I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on
On the concrete
[Chorus]Falling from cloud 
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
(Yeah I'm) Falling from cloud 9
I'm wide awake
Not losing any sleep
I picked up every piece
And landed on my feet
I'm wide awake
Need nothing to complete myself - nooohooo
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I am born again

Outta the lion's den
I don't have to pretend
And it's too late
The story's over now, the end
[Pre-Chorus]I wish I knew then
What I know now

Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on
On the concrete
[Chorus]Falling from cloud 9
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight (yeah, I'm letting go)
I'm Falling from cloud 9
Thunder rumbling
Castles crumbling
I am trying to hold on
God knows that I tried
Seeing the bright side
But I'm not blind anymore...
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
[Chorus]Yeah, I'm Falling from cloud 9
Crashing from the high
You know I'm letting go tonight
I'm Falling from cloud 9
Ihttp://www.esl-lab.com/tc1/mailservice-video.htm

1. How often is the mail delivered in Randall's area?
A. five days a week
B. six days a week
C. seven days a week
2. How does Randall send his mail?
A. from his mail box
B. at the post office
C. from a local store
3. At times, Randall enjoys receiving regular letters sent through the postal service more than getting email because they're more _____________.
A. personal
B. convenient
C. exciting

_Hi, I'm Randall. The US mail service is still an important part of the communications system here in the United States, and in our area, mail is delivered between Monday and Saturday. On our street, it's usually delivered between one and three PM.
And if you want to send a piece of mail, you can stick it in your mailbox, and raise the red flag.
Our particular family, uh, sends it usually at the post office. One thing I still enjoy about receiving mail or cards from family and friend(s) . . . and you don't get that personal touch from sending and receiving email.
_____________________________________________________________________







Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário